Sunday, March 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Brownies

Before giving this recipe I have to warn you that these are highly addictive. They are gooey and sweet and salty and oh-so-delicious. It is nearly impossible to just eat one.

And I must give credit to my genius mother Alberta for coming up with the perfect recipe for these brownies. ...Happy Mom? ; )

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter

1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cup flour

3/4 cup oatmeal

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

3/4 tablespoon peanut butter

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup(?) milk


Preheat oven to 350.


Cream butter with peanut butter. Use a beater to mix in brown sugar, egg and baking soda.
Mix in flour and oatmeal (on slow speed).

Spread batter over lightly greased 9 by 13 glass baking dish.
Cook about 20 minutes, this should be very soft when done (golden means it is drying out).

Spread chocolate chips over brownies and return to oven for 1 minute.


Mix remaining peanut butter with powdered sugar. Stir in milk until frosting is very creamy. Drizzle over chocolate and spread evenly over brownies with a spoon.

14 comments:

  1. Goodness, these sound easy enough for me! My mom made fudge often and this was my favorite, but it always seemed like it took longer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.... these look amazing. Right now I'm going through a peanut butter phase - I can't seem to get enough of it. These might have to be on my to-try list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I'm definitely making these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious and a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at gooey sweet and salty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I made a half a batch and they were SO fantastic! Great recipe, and thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now those look so delicious really do...yum drool.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sold. Gonna make these tomorrow or the next day! They sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Thanks for sending this recipe!!! It looks so totally yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH!! these look like a little piece of heaven!! Thanks for sending me the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, these look amazing. I'll have to go out and buy some chocolate chips so I can make these! But like you said, these look super addictive. I MUST try them though! :)

    I'd love if you would check out my site as well. I'm just getting started and would love some views. http://dlishfoods.wordpress.com/

    Thanks,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look insanely delicious! PB and I are not BFFs so I'm going to have to give the main task of flavor-provider to cashew or almond butter. I hope that they'll taste just as good as this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to try these without the egg and let you know how it turned out. Looks like a great recipe, thanks for putting it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks and sounds sinfully delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)