Wednesday, November 12, 2008

About Me


I am a 26 year old foodie-I love to eat, to cook and to talk about food (and just to talk in general!) Cooking keeps me sane-I can concentrate on the task at hand and be at peace with myself and others.

Most of my recipes are strongly influenced by growing up in a Sicilian (and Irish, Slovenian, etc) family and my time spend abroad in Cuba, Argentina, Spain and The Dominican Republic. I like to play around with ingredients to create a new angle on a classic dish; sometimes the results are irresistible while others may contribute to my PTCD (post-traumatic cooking disorder), when a dish doesn't turn out and I take it as a great personal failure. It's a melodramatic existence but at least I am never bored ; )

When I am not off on a culinary adventure, I am studying to become a Nurse Practitioner in Boston so that in 2 years I can work as a primary care provider.

Reviews of my recipes, comments and advice are always appreciated. I am a self-taught cook (chef on a good day) and constantly on the lookout for new ideas.

Happy Eating,

Caitlin