Friday, March 27, 2009

Ole!

So I leave tonight for Buenos Aires, Argentina...land of steak, malbec, empanadas, dulce de leche and mystery.

Saturday Rachael and I will be dining in El Obrero, a well-regarded Argentine restaurant in the neighborhood of La Boca. We will have a wine and steak sampling and interview the owners and chef (if we can drag him away from the kitchen!). Check out my 24-24-24 post Sunday to see how it went!

As I obviously will be on a hiatus from cooking, I'll be sure to take photos of everything I eat , want to eat, see others eat, or suspect people might be able to eat.

I am extremely excited for my trip. For those who have traveled to or lived in Buenos Aires or Santiago, Chile (where we will spend a weeekend), please post restaurants/food stands I should check out while I am down there!

Ciao! (For now).

4 comments:

  1. I want to go to Argentina for steak and wine! I'm wicked jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin - have a fun trip! I'm looking forward to reading about your trip and your 24 post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip!! Can't wait to hear about your culinary adventure there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jealous! I had argintinean beef once and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)