Sunday, May 10, 2009

Strawberry Basil Summer Cocktail


One of the best drinks I have had was a strawberry basil martini served at 28 Degrees , in the South End of Boston. At first strawberries and basil seemed an unlikely combination, but after trying my friend's drink, I was hooked. Bursts of fresh basil and sweet strawberry flavor ensure this will be a staple on my balcony this summer.

To make:
3 fresh basil leaves
3 large fresh strawberries
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces seltzer
1 lemon wedge
1 teaspoon sugar + extra for glass rim
Ice

Muddle the basil and strawberries in the bottom of a shaker. Add the vodka, sugar and ice. Shake well. Rub rim of glass lemon wedge and dip in sugar. Pour cocktail into glass, top with seltzer and garnish with the lemon twist.

9 comments:

  1. Strawberry and basil sound like a neat combination! Excellent drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of that - my kind of drink! I will earmark this recipe for when the weather is warmer in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very yummy!! I need to try that, never heard of basil and strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I made a watermelon one last year, but I will be making this as well! I love fruity drinks (with umbrellas too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful, sweet and summery - exactly what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So refreshing and delicious well done thanks for sharing :) xx Rico-Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a drink with strawberries and basil - it sounds so unique and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a total mouth party - love the combo of flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks great and very refreshing well done :) xx Rico|Recipes

    ReplyDelete

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)