Monday, May 25, 2009

Ginger & Lemon Martini

So, I have been experimenting with my new, oh-so-cool lemon and ginger-infused vodka. I decided to combine a bunch of my favorite ingredients and see what happened. Dee-lish-us!

I played around with the quantities, and settled on this (adjust according to your preferences):

2 ounces ginger and lemon-infused vodka
4 ounces ginger beer
1 splash lemon juice
1 generous splash Angostina bitters
1 lemon wedge
Sugar
Ice

To be all sophisticated (remember, I am 26, a big girl now!) I used a large martini glass for this drink.

Pour vodka, lemon juice and bitters into cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice. Shake vigorously.

Run lemon wedge over martini glass's rim. Press rim into sugar on plate.

Pour contents of cocktail shaker into martini glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with lemon wedge!

4 comments:

  1. I think I am requesting these martinis for my birthday, I love lemon, and ginger sounds fantastic as a side kick (although I rooted for mary ann to get off the island, har har)

    My van story does not have any fun moments attached, but it all will work out somehow :) Hope your holiday was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds fantastic! very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good gracious that sounds lovely! Were did you get this vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger and Lemon Martini?? Sounds different but I'm going to give it a go. I made a dirty martini the other night using this recipe http://www.howcast.com/videos/90-How-To-Make-a-Dirty-Martini and it turned out really well so now I'm going to try your recipe and see how I like it. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)