Friday, April 10, 2009
Call for Food Art! : )
Hey all! So, in the spirit of all things fun and food-related, I am holding a new contest that will run until June 1st. Based on some helpful feedback (not published, but you know who you are and I appreciate the honesty), a prize will be given by random (for me, that is going to mean pulling it out of a hat, or the like), so everyone will have an equal chance at winning. Of course, if you enter more than one creation, that does up your odds. Also based on feedback, if you are in the States or Canada, I will mail you a special prize (or if you are abroad, I could send you a small prize from a culinary online store in your country).
So what you need to do:
1) Create a piece of food art; this could be re-creating the Venus of Willendorf by carving a potato...making a Mayan pyramid cake or Edward Munch's The Scream. Or come up with something of your own, like a flock of marshmallow sheep or the like. What work you want to re-create is up to you, as long it is edible!
2) Photograph your creation. Post this photograph as a well as a drawing/photograph of the original artwork/monument or what you are replicating.
3) Give instructions on how to make your creation. An exact recipe with measurements is nice, but not obligatory. But do list supplies that you used!
4) Post a link to your creation as a comment below this post. Please do not copy and paste your browser link! Make a pretty link (this is easy to find online). This makes it easier for me during a round-up.
5) On your blog post, include a link back to this post so that others may enter.
5) Enter as many times as you want : )
Posted by Caitlin