Saturday, December 13, 2008

Asparagus with Herbed Parmesan Butter


Simple and delicious, this dish compliments pasta, steak, chicken, just about everything. It can be prepared ahead of time, then broiled just before serving.

Ingredients:
2 lbs asparagus
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons butter
3 cloves minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons basil
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preheat oven to 400.

Rinse asparagus and cut off tough ends. Bring large pot of water to boil. Add salt and asparagus. Let cook 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.

Mix together lemon juice, basil, garlic and butter in small bowl. Microwave to soften butter, but do not let it melt. Mix in Parmesan cheese.

Place asparagus spears neatly in 9x13 cooking dish. Spoon butter mixture evenly over asparagus. Cook in oven about 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and is starting to turn golden. Remove from oven.

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty picture! I'm salivating. Do you think it could be made with frozen asparagus too, or does it have to be fresh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really haven't used frozen asparagus-I find it tends to get mushy when I cook with it...however, that may just be me! If you try it with frozen asparagus, please let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmm! The asparagus dish is fabulous:). I made it last night, it turned out great! I will definitely try your other recipes too...

    Carol (Carlos' classmate)

    ReplyDelete

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)