Saturday, December 20, 2008

Easy Spanish Alioli

Typically, making alioli sauce involves raw egg yolk and oil blended to form a mayo-like sauce. I love to eat it, but prefer to leave out raw egg if I am making it for myself. This recipe is an easy alternative to traditional garlic-lemon* alioli.

Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 heads garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt to taste


Mix mayo, garlic and lemon juice in food processor or blender.


Serve with Spanish Tortilla, with shellfish, as a sandwich spread or however you are so inspired
!

*Other types of alioli can be made this way using thyme, rosemary, parsley, saffron, mustard, etc

3 comments:

  1. Really easy alioli to make, and I bet is very light too, as well as the additions that you stated above one must try with a little chilli powder mixed in or even very very thinly sliced red chilli (previously de-seeded and de-veined) so that is not too hot. Thanks for sharing and 4 the blog visit...luv your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this recipe for lazy women like myself! I've never attemped alioli but I just might, now. :) Fun fact- the word alioli is catalan, it comes from the combination of the words "all i oli", or "ajo y aceite" in spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great to me...Rico is right chili powder is all good!

    ReplyDelete

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)