Friday, March 19, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things: Clear Flour Bread Bakery

My first installment of "A Few of My Favorite Things" is a place near and dear to me. Clear Flour Bread is located just out of Coolidge Corner and has a stand at the Coolidge Farmer's Market during the summer/fall months.

While I have tried a number of their items, their ciabatta holds a special place in my heart. I adore a good, crusty bread-and for 2.50 a loaf, this is a steal!

So you have this great bread, now what? You can purchase a good cheese and have a wine and cheese night, slice the length-wise (between the top & bottom flat ends) forming the perfect sandwich bread or slice the loaf in half and stuff each have with your favorite fixins' and stick in the oven or panini press for a crunchy delight!

In addition to bread, they often sell croissants, cookies, scones, tarts, cakes, cheese from a local farm and a ton of other items! (Go there yourself to see the full selection, or check them out online to see their daily offerings).

They are located at 178 Thorndike Street, off the Packard's Corner stop on the "B" line, Coolidge Corner on the "C" or at Coolidge Road if taking the 66. Those lucky enough to have a car, I envy you and suggest you look up driving directions (written in an envious tone).

Store hours are 8-8 M-F and 9-7 on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)