Friday, November 27, 2009

Leftover Turkey, Cranberries and Cheese Panini

I hope that your Thanksgivings went smoothly, tasted delicious and were joyous. Mine went fairly well...mole sauce turned out pretty amazing...if I say so myself (which I do), turkey looks really dark but that is just a little mole, desserts were lovely, zucchini cornbread was savory and a delight. Pretty calm on my end...the way I like most holidays. A safe and happy get together...unlike Tiger Woods. Did anyone else find it odd that he run into a fire hydrant. And then a tree...pulling into (out of?) his driveway? And the police say that alcohol was not a factor. Frankly, I'd feel better if it were a factor-if that is how Tiger drives...I'd feel safe with my 90 year old grandmother behind the wheel! But, I do digress...anyways, here is a simple and elegant way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers.

To Make 4 Sandwiches:
1/2 lb shredded turkey
Cranberry sauce
4 ounces good quality aged cheddar, such as Dubliner
OR: Brie
OR: fresh goat cheese
1/2 cup baby spinach
8 slices bread
Butter

This sandwich can be eaten cold, but I prefer to use my George Foreman and create nice panini.

Butter 1 side of each slice of bread (these will be the outsides of the panini).

Place cheddar cheese over bread, with turkey and spinach.

Grill until cheese melts and bread develops golden lines from the grill.

Remove from grill and open sandwich. Spread cranberry sauce over the side of sandwich opposite from melted cheese.

Cut panini diagonally into fourths. Serve with a crisp, dry white and a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)