Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Turkish Zucchini Fritters (Mücver)


These fritters are amazing with Greek yogurt mixed with lemon juice drizzled on top of them.

Ingredients:
2 zucchini (about 1 pound), finely chopped
1 onion, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
3 eggs
2 tablespoons flour
pepper
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/4 cup minced dill
1/2 cup (6-8 ounces) feta, crumbled

Fry onion in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until soft and translucent. Add the zucchini and saute, stirring until soft (about 3 minutes). Let cool.

In bowl, beat eggs with flour. Add feta cheese, pepper, herbs and mix well. Add the onion and zucchini and mix everything together.

Heat clean saute pan with remaining oil to medium-medium high. Drop scoops of mixture into pan (you can make several at the same time). Turn heat down to medium. Turn each fritter over once, until both sides have turned golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

2 comments:

  1. I made my first fritters last night for Ken's birthday. He said he loved it. hehe,I ran out of scallion, so I used cilantro instead. But it still turned out great. I think the dill and feta really made the difference. Thanks for the delicious receip!!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Tried my recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Be honest (and kind!)